When you are in the UK, traveling by bus is also the best way to enjoy the scenic views that the country has to offer. This is something you will certainly miss when you take the plane. Buses have more routes compared to trains. It is also cheaper and a much greener alternative. The locals also prefer this way of transportation. So if you happen to be planning a trip around the UK, then here are some tips that you might want to remember.
- Choose scenic routes. If you are one of those travelers who like having adventures in places that off the beaten path, then you would definitely want to take the bus. When you take the coach, your choice of cities or villages to visit is not limited to one. Buses have routes that trains do not have. Coach trips are perfect for discovering the wonders of UK’s landscape.
- Make the most out of the bus’ full stops. These breaks are definitely great after sitting in a bus for hours at a time. And it is also the best way to really enjoy the place. So what are you waiting for? Get off that bus during those stops. This is free sightseeing too, even before you have reached your destination.
- Try out tasty snacks. Trying out local delicacies is one way to enjoy the culture.
- Be appropriately dressed. The UK is notorious for its very unpredictable weather so you might want to wear clothes that will protect you from this unpredictable weather.
- Make a playlist of your favorite music. Nothing seems to be much better than enjoying the wonderful and luscious scene of the country while you listen to your favorite songs. You might even want to add some songs to your playlist that screams UK!
- Be familiar with terminologies. You should at least know that the bus is also known as a coach or coach sleeper, bus station is a coach station, the bus driver is a coach driver, lines are called queues and highways can also be referred to as motorways.
- Do your research and book your tickets online.
It is important that you set the date and time that you want to leave. You can book your tickets online at http://www.door2tour.com. By doing that, all you will need to do is show up at the terminal.
- Select luxury. Do not worry though because coaches in the UK provide great comfort. But if you can afford to, you might want to consider getting an upgrade for the most comfort. Coach buses that are luxurious are like some airline cabins. There are leather seats that can be reclined, power outlets, WiFi, kits for sleeping, movie screens and offers meals and snacks.
- Make sure that you have your tickets and passports within reach because you might need at checkpoints at the border.
- Be friendly with the coach driver. You will surely learn a lot from you and might even give you tips on which seats to take for the best views.
If you are planning to take a coach trip or tour but do not know where to start, then visit http://www.door2tour.com for available options or tours that you can take.